Dr. Frank B. Anshutz was born on July 19, 1928, in Terre Haute to Wade B. Anshutz, Sr. and Mabel Kawell Anshutz.
A graduate of Wiley High School, Frank continued his education and received his D.D.S. degree from the Dental School of Northwestern University where he became a life member of the G.V. Black Society. Frank was also a United States Army veteran of the Korean War, having served with the 52nd Medical Battalion, D84 Engineer Battalion and 96th Field Artillery Battalion.
After his service in the Army, Frank returned to Terre Haute and joined the family dental practice of his grandfather, Frank P. Anshutz, his father, Wade B. Anshutz, Sr. and his brother, Wade B. Anshutz, Jr., founded in 1905. He served as a dentist in Terre Haute for 64 years before his retirement in 2016. In his profession, he was president and had served on the Board of Directors of the Indiana State Board of Dental Examiners, had served as president of the Western Indiana Dental Society and was a founding member of the Indiana Dental Association Peer Review Commission. Frank’s community involvement included being a life member of First Congregational Church, president and member of the Terre Haute Kiwanis Club and membership on the Rose-Hulman Board of Associates.
Memorial contributions to the Community Foundation are added to the Bruce P. Anshutz Memorial Fund, a fund created in memory of his beloved son, Dr. Bruce P. Anshutz, with whom he practiced dentistry for 27 years.