100+ Women Who Care Vigo County is a philanthropic women’s group, coordinated by the Wabash Valley Community Foundation. This group is designed to provide financial support for charitable causes in Vigo County, Indiana while creating a sense of community. 100+ Women Who Care is open to all women – the more women who are involved, the greater the impact!
100+ Women Who Care is composed of women who share a common desire to give back to their local community.
Members commit to donating $500 annually. The first $100 supports an endowment in the Wabash Valley Community Foundation that will be used to serve future needs. The remaining $400 is used to support the 4 nonprofits selected by members throughout the year ($100 at each meeting). For example, if there are 100 members, each quarter the group will award a $10,000 grant to a local nonprofit organization.
To encourage younger philanthropists in our community, this group offers a reduced membership of $250 for women 40 years of age and younger. This membership requires a $50 membership fee and then $50 at each quarterly meeting, totaling $250 for the year.
Thurs, Feb. 8 – Country Club of Terre Haute
Thurs, May 3 – Country Club of Terre Haute
Thurs, Aug. 9 – Country Club of Terre Haute
Thurs, Nov. 1 – Country Club of Terre Haute
Registration and networking begins at 5:00 p.m. Business meeting begins at 6:00 p.m. and concludes around 7:00 p.m.
Country Club of Terre Haute
100+ Women Who Care was established in February 2013. Since its inception, the group has awarded a grant each quarter, composed of $100 contributions from each member. The following organizations are the recipients of those grants:
2018 Grant Recipients
- November 2018-
- August 2018-
- May 2018- Wabash Valley Health Center (15,600)
- February 2018- Camp Navigate ($13,500)
2017 Grant Recipients
- November 2017- St. Joseph Utilities Assistance Ministries ($16,000)
- August 2017- Terre Haute Symphony ($16,000)
- May 2017- Vigo County Education Foundation ($15, 500)
- February 2017- Council on Domestic Abuse, CODA ($15,000)
2016 Grant Recipients
- November 2016 – ReThink, Inc ($18,900)
- August 2016 – Susie’s Place ($18,000)
- May 2016 – Art Spaces ($18,000)
- February 2016 – Families by Choice ($16,700)
2015 Grant Recipients
- November 2015 – Vigo County Historical Society ($19,000)
- August 2015 – Next Step Foundation ($18,600)
- May 2015 – St. Ann Dental Clinic ($17,900)
- February 2015 – 14th & Chestnut, Grumbling Tummies ($17,700)
2014 Grant Recipients
- November 2014 – United Campus Ministries ($19,900)
- August 2014 – CANDLES Holocaust Museum ($20,300)
- May 2014 – United Way of the Wabash Valley, Success by Six ($20,000)
- February 2014 – Ivy Tech Foundation ($19,600)
2013 Grant Recipients