100 Women Who Care Clay County is a philanthropic women’s group, coordinated by the Clay County Community Foundation, an affiliate of the Wabash Valley Community Foundation. This group is designed to provide financial support for nonprofit organizations in Clay County, Indiana while creating a sense of community. 100 Women Who Care is open to all women – the more women who are involved, the greater our impact will be!
100 Women Who Care is a group of philanthropic women who share a common desire to give back to their local community.
Members commit to donating $500 per year of membership. The first $100 supports an endowment in the Clay County Community Foundation that will be used to serve future needs in the community. The remaining $400 is used to support the 4 nonprofits selected by members at the quarterly meetings ($100 at each meeting). For example, if there are 100 members, each quarter the group will award $10,000 to each local charitable cause.
Meeting Dates - 2018
Wednesday, March 14 – Elks Lodge
Wednesday, June 13 – Elks Lodge
Wednesday, Sept. 12 – Elks Lodge
Wednesday, Dec. 12 – Elks Lodge
Registration and networking begins at 5pm. Business meeting begins at 6pm.
Brazil Elks Lodge
100 Women Who Care Clay County was established in March 2015. Since its inception, the group has awarded a grant each quarter, composed of $100 contributions from each member. The following organizations are the recipients of those grants:
2018 Grant Recipients
- December 2018 –
- September 2018 –
- June 2018 –
- March 2018 – Clay City Band Boosters ($5,800)
2017 Grant Recipients
- December 2017 – Clay Co. Cooperative Benevolence Ministry ($8,500)
- September 2017 – Clay County CASA Kids ($8,500)
- June 2017 – Clay County Emergency Food Pantry ($8,300)
- March 2017 – Brazil Mainstreet Inc. ($7,600)
2016 Grant Recipients
- December 2016 – Community Theater of Clay County ($10,700)
- September 2016 – CRADLES of Clay County ($10,600)
- June 2016 – Head Start ($10,600)
- March 2016 – Northview High School Backpack program ($10,000)
2015 Grant Recipients
- November 2015 – Clay County Community Foundation, GIFT VI ($10,400)
- September 2015 – Clay County Humane Society ($9,200)
- June 2015 – Clay County YMCA, Food For Families ($8,300)
- March 2015 – Northview High School DECA Club ($7,200)