Volunteer With Us
Volunteering helps sustain the circle of giving that keeps our community vibrant and healthy. There is nothing more valuable than a person’s time, and for that we are thankful to all of our volunteers! We strive to involve people of our community at every level of service from office assistance to serving on committees.
Please see below for current volunteer opportunities. For more information about available volunteer opportunities within Community Foundation, please contact us at [email protected] or call 812-232-2234.
Current Volunteer Opportunities
The Wabash Valley Community Foundation currently has the following office volunteer opportunities available. These opportunities will involve a commitment of approximately 2 to 5 hours per week on a weekday between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., with the possibility of occasional evening events pertaining to our Giving Circles.
- Archival Volunteer. Your role would be to come into the Community Foundation to read and scan all area newspapers for articles on the Wabash Valley Community Foundation and/or its affiliates Clay County Community Foundation or Sullivan County Community Foundation and/or one of its Giving Circles or Committees. You would clip the articles, noting the publication source and date and add them to the Community Foundation’s print folder.
- Giving Circle Volunteer(s) – Your role would be to volunteer for one or more of the 5 giving circles to assist in preparing the materials needed for each meeting and/or follow up after the giving circle’s quarterly meeting. Additional duties might include some data entry.
- Receptionist – Your role would be to serves as a relief receptionist, greeting guests and answering telephone calls. You might be responsible for some light duties such as restocking a brochure rack or filing or alphabetizing papers.
Boards & Committees
In addition to office volunteer opportunities, the Community Foundation also utilizes volunteers on its Board of Directors, committees and task forces.
Volunteer opportunities may exist for the following positions:
- Board of Directors
- Clay County Community Foundation Board
- Sullivan County Community Foundation Board
- Asset Development
- Distribution or Grant
- Scholarship Selection
- Governance and Planning
- Spring Outing
- Marketing and Public Relations
- Special Event
- Office Assistant
Volunteer opportunities can be short term or long standing depending upon your desires and the Community Foundation’s needs.
Please email Ruth Hallam [email protected] if you are interested in volunteering.
Youth Grant Committee
The Youth Grant Committee is a group of Vigo County high school students who are interested in serving the community while improving their leadership skills. To apply, please complete and return the membership application.
Youth Grant Committee Membership Application [188kb pdf]
Applications are due by March 16, 2018
Please email [email protected] if you are interested in volunteering.